VIDEOS WILL BE LINKED AS THEY ARE PROCESSED AND UPLOADED – STAY TUNED!
Pathways ARTS 2017 Winter-Spring Season came to an end with a multi-arts evening to celebrate, with music, spoken word, video and visual arts, cake and champagne.
• Music by classically trained harpist and singer songwriter, NATALIE LURIE. With a versatile background in different genres, Lurie is known for taking command of the stage whether it be the King’s College Choir in King’s Chapel in Cambridge, England or performing in a more intimate space. She was accompanied on a couple pieces by David Stanwood on piano.
SEE THE VIDEO HERE
• Poetry by BOB MACLEAN, in memory of Pathways Projects Founder, Dr. Marianne Goldberg.
• MARK LOVEWELL presented a song dedicated to Jimmy Morgan, a retired Menemsha commercial fisherman; and told a story about Roy Campbell and his fishing boat Roann. Campbell was a commercial fisherman from Vineyard Haven, and the Roann, now belonging to the Mystic Seaport, was berthed in Menemsha last summer as part of the “Meet Your Fleet” event. He ended with a sea chantey song for a sing along.
SEE THE VIDEO HERE
• Artist couple, DANIELLE MULCAHY and WALKER T. ROMAN, a.k.a. Barnyard Saints, presented their latest video blog, Episode 4, sharing their experiences exploring art fairs while traveling in a mobile studio across the US. SEE THEIR VIDEO HERE
• Pianist and keys player, MATT STAMAS debuted a new direction in his music composition, incorporating electronic music elements and live light show. SEE IT HERE
• CHRISTINA MONTOYA presented a short talk and her video from the Dance Emmersion Project that she attended earlier this year in Havanna, Cuba. It includes three forms of Rhumba and Oricha, and “Casino” Salsa styles of dance.
A big Thank You to all the artists who helped us with KEEPING THE LIGHT ON CHILMARK FOR THE ARTS!!